B-Zone comprises six States in the South West region namely; Oyo, Ekiti, Osun, Lagos, Ogun and Ondo. The meeting that had the National President of NUJ, Alhaji Waheed Odusile in attendance, was presided over by the Vice President of the Zone, Cosmas Oni.
The meeting which was also attended by Chairmen and Secretaries of all the member states, resolves as follows:
1. That the Union demands that State governments across the country especially in the south west channel the second tranche of the Paris Club refund for the payment of accumulated workers salaries and pension as directed by President Muhammadu Buhari.
2. That NUJ B-Zone notes with serious concern the high rate at which government and private media workers are being owed salaries, and calls on media owners to devise better strategies of improving the welfare of media practitioners to justify their commitments to their duties.
3. That the Union condemns the recent delay in the confirmation of new INEC RECs as a result of the Executive and the National Assembly power play which has the potentials of truncating our democracy and obviously not in the interest of the citizenry.
4. That the Zone commends the recent working visit of the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, SAN, to the south west and calls on Federal government to improve power supply and address the deplorable condition of roads in the region for enhanced economic development. The Union lamented that poor electricity supply is affecting smooth operations of Radio and Television stations.
5. That the Zone expresses satisfaction with the steady appreciation of Naira against dollars, urging the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN and federal government to evolve more policies that will make the naira strong and move the country out of economic recession which is already taking its toll on the citizenry.